Artificial intelligence (AI) is no longer a science-fiction movie concept. AI is a fast-growing technology that’s gaining popularity worldwide.
Governments, enterprises, and small businesses adopt AI to streamline their processes. Organisations are turning to AI to grow their bottom line and stay ahead of their competition.
This page has 40+ AI statistics in 2023 — segregated according to topics — to inform and inspire your AI marketing strategies. Feel free to jump into any section:
Artificial Intelligence adoption statistics
Companies worldwide plan to use AI for several benefits, including improved cost savings and better customer experience. Here are some AI adoption statistics:
- $3.78 trillion is the potential growth of the manufacturing industry by 2035 from AI use.
- Over 80% of executives in the retail and consumer space expect their businesses to use AI automation by 2025.
- 66% of businesses are using or planning to use AI for their sustainability goals.
- 54% of organisations report that AI provides cost savings and efficiencies.
- 42% of businesses reported that they plan to use AI in the future.
- 35% of companies globally use AI.
- 34% of businesses cite limited AI skills, expertise, or knowledge as a barrier to AI adoption.
Marketing AI statistics
Marketing teams worldwide use AI for different purposes — from ad targeting to personalization. Here are some marketing AI statistics:
- $107 billion is the global market revenue forecast for AI in marketing in 2028.
- $1.25 billion is the worldwide chatbot market’s forecast size by 2025.
- 90% of marketers in 35 countries used AI tools to automate customer interactions.
- 88% of marketers working with AI say that the technology has helped them personalize the customer journey across different channels.
- More than 80% of marketers worldwide integrate some form of AI into their online marketing activities.
- 57% of B2B marketers in the U.S. used chatbots in their demand generation programs to understand their audience better.
- 55% of B2B marketers in the U.S. said they used chatbots to generate new leads.
- 53% of marketers we surveyed use AI for data analysis.
- 52% of telecommunications businesses use chatbots.
- Nearly 50% of U.S. consumers believe that neither Photoshop nor generative AI must be used in social media posts for commercial purposes.
- 50% of the marketers we surveyed are already using AI for their marketing strategies.
- Almost half of the marketers we surveyed are concerned about data privacy and ethics surrounding AI.
- 47% of marketers in the U.S., U.K., India, and Canada said they trusted AI with ad targeting.
- Nearly 45% of marketing executives we surveyed use AI for content creation.
- 43% of B2B marketers in the U.S. claimed that chatbots helped them educate their prospects.
- 42% of marketing professional-respondents in the U.S., U.K., India, and Canada trusted AI to personalise content and offers in real-time, while 39% trusted AI to optimize email send-time.
- 35% of marketers are concerned about risk and governance issues related to AI use in marketing.
- 34.5% of our marketer-respondents said ChatGPT is one of their AI tools, making it the most-reported tool among our respondents.
- 33% of U.S. marketers using AI and machine learning tools said that time savings is the most significant benefit of these tools.
- 32% of marketers worldwide use AI with marketing automation for paid advertising, and personalization of email messages and offers.
- 31% of U.S. marketers employing AI and machine learning said the tools helped their trend insights and audience preference.
- 29% of marketing executives we surveyed said they plan to use AI in the future.
- 26% of U.S. marketers say AI and machine learning helped them optimize their content.
- 26% of B2B marketers in the U.S. using chatbots in their marketing efforts increased their lead generation volumes by 10-20%.
- 22% of marketing professionals worldwide use AI with marketing automation to generate product and content recommendations, and personalized email subject lines.
- 15% of B2B marketers in the U.S. said that chatbots helped them increase their lead generation by more than 30%.
- Nearly 10% of marketers we surveyed said they do not plan to use AI.
Attitude toward AI statistics
Want to get a glimpse of how businesses view AI? Here’s a list of vital AI statistics related to how organizations view the technology:
- 87% of organizations worldwide believe AI technologies will give them a competitive edge.
- 78% of companies believe it’s important for results gathered from AI to be “fair, safe, and reliable.”
- 61% of employees claim that AI helps improve their productivity.
- 40% is the expected employee productivity improvement with AI use.
AI growth statistics
AI is forecast to grow as an industry and make a considerable contribution to the global economy in the years to come. Here are some AI statistics related to its growth and economic contribution:
- $16 trillion is the estimated potential contribution of AI to the global economy in 2030.
- $1.59 trillion is the expected global market size of the AI market by 2030.
- $142 billion is the global AI market’s value as of 2023.
- $83 million is the estimated global AI chip revenue by 2027.
- 5500 is the number of patent families IBM has, the leading company in active machine learning and AI patents globally, as of November 2020.
- 500 is the number of patent families each of Microsoft and Samsung.
- 37% is the compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of AI globally.
- 26% is the predicted GDP boost from AI by 2030.
Integrate AI into your marketing strategy with SwiftERM
AI technology can help businesses like yours streamline your process, grow your revenue, and stay ahead of your competitors. If you need help with integrating AI into your strategies, let SwiftERM help.
We offer autonomous generative ai for ecommerce marketing that predicts each consumers next most likely purchases, and apples that data into your strategy to deliver a massive ROI instantly upon installation.
MarketingCloudFX can store and process your data from various sources. As a result, it can inform you which strategies, content, and marketing campaigns drive leads, phone calls, or sales. In addition, you can set up lead nurturing workflows to aid in converting them into customers!